Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Administrative Assistant, Multiple Subject Program|
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position handles administration responsibilities of all program related duties within the Multiple Subject program.
* Bachelorís degree preferred. Considerable comparable experience (10+ years) will be considered in lieu of degree.
* Two to four years relevant administrative experience; higher education or related field preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
The Administrative Assistant for the Multiple Subject Program serves as part of a team of support staff that support credential and mastersí programs in the Division of Teacher Education. This position reports directly to the Administrative Manager.
Specifically, s/he will serve in the following capacities:
* Serves as confidential assistant to the Multiple Subject Program Director. This includes:
* Acting as receptionist for the program and the Program Director, including appropriately preparing correspondence, responding to email, and tracking and following all program-related issues.
* Managing the schedule/calendar for both the Program Director and the Multiple Subject Program.
* Assisting Program Director with troubleshooting student issues and concerns, including student petitions, exceptions, and enrollment issues.
* Assisting Program Director in scheduling program courses at the Azusa and regional campuses, and online.
* Preparing reports and assisting with special projects as directed by Program Director or supervisor.
* Serves as liaison between student and program.
* Provides support to full and adjunct faculty within the department.
* Supports all functions of the Multiple Subject Program.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.